Sunday, May 1, 2011

A Run Around the Maypole


In order to give the sun thanks for his glorious return I spent all day today running around my mighty Maypole. My people and I are so happy that the Sun has decided to return once again we are planning on sacrificing a virgin to him later tonight.

Of course, being in a garden so marvelous that it made the druids abandon their sacred oak grove, my Maypole is now decked out with even more amazingness. Joining the creeping phlox that I've introduced already is a fine multicolored petunia and an exotic coleus. Only one more spot atop the crown of the Maypole remains. It will have to be something extra sublime to be worthy of the apex of this colossus. 


Below is my mysterious and beautiful wild grass joined to its right by a bleeding heart plant. As you may recall, I feared that my original bleeding heart had been smote by the winter, so I picked up this new guy and went to plant him in the old bleeding heart's spot, only to find that the old bleeding heart survived. That meant I needed to find a new place for this fine specimen, so I put him in this spot where I've unsuccessfully attempted to grow hostas. 


I don't think words are even necessary.


The newest astible is fitting in perfectly.


Hark! I hear the bonfire being built. The sun must be thanked for his bounty. Off to the sacrifice I go, but I leave you with the following amazing pictures.





















No comments:

Post a Comment