Saturday, March 26, 2011

Spring Time for Marvelousness

A quick post so that you don't go into Marvelous Garden withdrawal.

Last year when I was finishing up my beautiful backyard patio I struck upon the idea of connecting an old fence post that I had laying around to the patio and putting some plant hooks on it. My steady stream of genius continues. Scandalously, however, my fiancée Kathy expressed doubts about the wisdom of my plan. Though I rightly should have broke off the engagement then and there, I decided that I would take her opinion under advisement and defer my plan for a year.

The other day, whilst browsing other inferior gardening blogs, I came across this picture.


Once I'd gotten over my indignation that someone had dared attempt to usurp one of my brilliant ideas, I decided to e-mail the picture to Kathy in order to illustrate to her the error of her ways. Immediately upon seeing said picture Kathy confessed that she was a fool for ever questioning the marvelousness of my gardening vision and insisted that I commence my plans forthwith. 

That is, in fact, exactly what I did. Look upon my works, ye mighty, and despair. My marvelousness, and that of my garden, knows no bounds.





What superb plants will fill these pots I have only just begun to ponder.

Before I go, let's say hi to an old friend, that paragon of the Allium schoenoprasum species, my chive plant. Each year it comes back more glorious than the last.




No comments:

Post a Comment